Friday, March 9, 2012

Thai Breakfast Sausage

This recipe is an adaptation of Thai style Sausage.  I had no idea that such a delicious thing existed out there.  I have never seen Thai sausage on any menu at any Thai restaurant, and I wasn't much of a foodie when I visited Thailand at the age of 17.  I was watching an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, and my interest was peaked when these delectable treats were mentioned.  So I hit the web to see what I could find about these "Thai Sausages".

The ingredients lists from most recipes I perused were composed of the staple Thai flavors: galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, ginger, chilies, palm sugar & fish sauce.  Typically these sausages are stuffed into a casing before cooking, but I figured I could create a similar tasting patty style sausage .... I don't think I've EVER been so taken aback at something I've made. I didn't even have time to take pictures of the finished product because I wolfed it down so fast.  I am a sucker for Thai flavors, but this recipe will blow your mind regardless!  Here we go ....

INGREDIENTS
1
#
Ground Pork (or poultry)
2
Tbl
Galangal, finely minced
2
Tbl
Ginger, finely minced
4
-
Thai Chilies, minced (or to desired spice)
4
cloves
Garlic, minced
2-4
-
Green Onions, finely chopped
3
Tbl
Palm Sugar
1
tsp
Black Pepper
2
tsp
Fennel Seed
1 Tbl Smoked Sea Salt
1 Tbl Coriander
2 tsp Fish Sauce

DIRECTIONS
Basically I just put all the roughly cut ingredients (minus the meat & fish sauce) into a small blender and processed into a semi-fine mince. Mix all thoroughly with ground meat until well blended. Let sit refrigerated for at least 1-2 hours (overnight would be better!). Form, cook and serve however you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment